Thursday, June 5, 2008

Intrepid bird-dogs



Oh to be fearless, undaunted trompin' around in the big wide world. As the days slink down to the starting of residency, i crave books more, and sleep more, and mellow evenings with Joe more. I am excited and nervous and amazed and scared. And I feel about the size of a bird-dog.
I look around our mossy green and dark wood living room and think....when did all this happen? When did our dreams come true? When did we become the adult-sized people who live in these big and beautiful lives?
We sailed along on our new road bikes along the river downtown, and it felt like we were part of something Grand, part of a small humming artsy city, and I hadn't realized how I never did feel that way in Los Angeles, the sunshine sprawl forever...it was hard to even know the borders of that place. But here, I hop in the car and drive, and I am across the city in moments, to distinct neighborhoods with more green trees than I have ever seen.
Heave a big sigh, bird-dog, and get ready to go tromping!

No comments: