Tuesday, December 16, 2008


Things have been so hard lately, I just keep feeling like Frodo, on a precarious journey, without a real sense of how and where to travel across this painful change and upheaval. i make tiny forays from one small goodness to another; meanwhile work and winter and everything else steals from the energy to try and deeply connect to the ongoing tumult.
remembering the goodness in God's words is a balm, even if the psalm below speaks so surely in words that i cannot begin to say in this moment.
from The Message, Psalm 34
When I was desperate, I called out,
and God got me out of a tight spot.
Is anyone crying for help? God is listening,
ready to rescue you.
If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there;
if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath.
He's your bodyguard, shielding every bone;
not even a finger gets broken.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thinking about you.