
These down times are a blessing and a daunting. They are a perch on the crest of wave, in a sailboat that must sail on. I have been devouring books, and naps, drinking coffee, glorying in "regular" hours and "regular" bedtimes, and organizing things and dusting bits that have waited far too long. There is something to be said about waiting, about a pause and a deep breath before turning the next page and starting a new chapter.
I am reading again: Dorothy Sayer's deep and sharp Peter Wimsey, James Herriot's Britain veterinary tales. I have been reading in bed, and reading at lunch hour. LUNCH HOUR?! Oh yes, my dear peeps, a full and sometimes MORE than an hour lunch. Cannot believe my good fortune and blessing to be on Toxicology. One more precious week of Mon-Friday, 8;30am--2:30pm hours. And then, off to chilly blustery Minnesota to see my girls. And then back to the University ER. It has been such a boon to be able to take my two day test, to turn in paperwork and all that papery logistics, that oddlly seem to make life turn the corner. There are each day new flowers blooming, and it has also been one of those neat seasons to get to organize computer files and clean house in an enjoyable way. Like when you wait so very long that it is actually perversely satisfying to wipe dust from oh-so-dusty surfaces.
And....we have been driving around the city looking at Floating Houses. (It must, of course, be capitalized, as it prompts such excitement and anticipation of New. A third place to live for the third year of residency.) I did not anticipate or plan this many moves or new places, but oh there is goodness in receiving from God's hand. In realizing that all my battoned down hatches, I am clenching the gosh darn life out of things. That by breathing out my fears, and letting God bless the unexpected and unknown, this is my true and huge chance to be Blessed. I can hear Fernando Ortega's sweet voice singing out the clear truth: Blessed is the man who walks in God's favor, who hides all Your words, and guards them like treasure.
yes yes, a good season. A secret garden season, where many green buds are coming up out of the ground
2 comments:
I feel as tho I've joined you;riding that wave of goodness and gratefulness; and even in the daunting prospect of the unknown and unexpected, you're exhaling fear and setting your sails: preparing for another wave of blessing as you sail forward. in the sweet photo of you on that sailboat you look peaceful; and I sense that same spirit in you now; in the activity of your Glorious reading, resting, regular hours, taking your test, cleaning and organizing there's a serenity in you.
I do love your literary references...battoned down hatches, and even that you're exploring Floating Houses... still a boat, yet more tranquil!
and oh yes, the dear Fernando song - you clearly walk in God's favor!
oh that fernando song: "and hides them like treasure...". hmm they are a light, a strong sure light. oh manda, it is really -moment-ous- to see this tiny girl who is so real and alive and to see that be amanda-ness now. oh wow. and nea's word serenity - oh yes! you are like a beautiful song, violins, and cellos that i bathe in the music. i do love the idea of floating house as both homey and bohemia, rooted and traveling. like you, like all of us travelers who also put down homey restfulness. you are dear amanda rae sister. may the Lord shine out look shook foil in your looking for Him and His direction.
Post a Comment