
The photo is taken on my birthday, and this blue felt hat sums it up I think.
It really has been the most magical Fall.....
The leaves have had so much time to change. And there continue to be clear crisp days like today, where the sun is peering through the mist, and the orange and red and gold leaves are still hanging on tightly to the trees.
This season, this new season of life and rest and recovery and newness and Riverhouse, has been such a Gift. A real deep Gift, like something you wait for and hope for. I think I have slept more in the last four or five months than the last eight years all together. And read and read and read books, still mostly mysteries. Agatha Christie has written nearly sixty books, and I think I have made my way through most of them. The words and intelligence and intrigue give to me, help my brain keep thinking interesting thoughts.
And the musica, O the Musica! I have gotten to see Joe Purdy, William Fitzsimmons, Bon Iver, and Matthew and the Atlas all in the last few months. I play this amazing accoustic and glorioso symphonic music in the car on my 27 minute drive to work, and in the house on our various iPod devices. I light candles, since I now have 2, count 'em 2!, Anthropologie candles. You know it's a wonderful candle when simply lifting the lid makes the room smell like African Jasmine.
The birthday and anniversary celebrations have taken us to restaurants that have been on my list for several years. From nuevo-Peruvian to Northwest classic to gourmet game meats like rabbit and veal....Oh.My.Gosh. I have made some forays into cooking.....more crisps and applesauce with a friend, and thanks to a Trader Joe's Cookbook (cooking with all things TJ's), I think it is going to be a marvelous winter.
2 comments:
Oooh, reading this post was like winding through a velvety fall dream! And your winter to come sounds promising and rich. Our fall nights have included watching a lot of the Agatha Christy Poirot mysteries--so sweet to think that you were paging through the books all across the country.
with this cold hanging on still, i'm thinking how nice it would be to come to your place and cosy under a blanket and have a trader joes crisp and hot tea. sounds so good right now! can't wait to see what winter brings for you!
Post a Comment