Monday, January 14, 2008

Dr. Sicky and Ms. Cutie




I 'borrowed' these pics from friends of ours who are in China traveling, because I loooved the one of the kid smilin', who is standing there freestyle, looking highly entertained all by himself. And the other felt a little more realistic or at least representative of real life right now. I really like that sized kid---easy to pick up, and the warmth of a tiny body is nice to hold, especially when you get to put them down once the fun is over!

It's strange, because as much as I am so relieved to be done with domestic travel for interviewing, I have really been craving Europe lately. Joe hasn't really gotten to explore, and it would be so neat to hole up in some wood chalet in Austria after a long day hiking, sipping strong espresso and eating apple strudel with cream sauce. Or sunning on a patio in Greece, overlooking whitewashed rocks and the clear blue sea. Something to look forward to....
I've also been thinking a lot about our next backpacking trip, which I hope will be to southern Utah, to Bryce Canyon. All the stunning photographs I have seen show these red rock spires, with bits of lacey snow at the tops, and canyon floor far beneath. It would be a terrific winter/spring trip, and a great dry-run for our new REI christmas clothes---down jackets and weather pants.

No comments: