Saturday, January 19, 2008

glorious saturdays...



Hullo!
The deliciousness of sleeping in, turning on the espresso machine to steam milk for my coffee, and plunking down with our apple computers on the couch....priceless. I feel like we have been weirdly tired and busy, so it is such a relief to have these weekends together where we unwind, sleep in late, and stay in pajamas. As much as I love Emergency Medicine, it is nice right now to be on a regular Mon-Fri schedule so the weekends really do seem glorious.
Our friend Tom is coming over tomorrow to go hiking in the San Bernardino Mtns, which have really saved us this winter. We have done some glowingly pretty, snowy hikes up at 7000 feet, and the air smells like juniper and pine trees. I love how the juniper berries aren't really berries at all, but woody and dry in your hand. And how the cool air on my face just makes me feel more alive. Yay!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh marvelous saturday...i loved your description of plunking with computer. ahhh. i won't say more or I will be cast into the worst of the Wist of missing. sigh. But we will see each other in April!!!

Emily said...

I truly believe that the hours between 8 and noon on Saturday are by far the most valuable of the week. . . I'm so glad you're on a schedule that lets you take advantage of them.