
I think it's really neat that I am part of a residency program and specialty like Emergency Medicine that takes a day to have all 30 residents and their significant others and dogs and kids go on a beautiful hike to Punchbowl Falls and have a picnic BBQ after.

It is finally such beautiful summer weather here, even muggy. Reminds me of those weird spring/summer transitions in Wheaton, where all of a sudden deodorant didn't barely do the trick. ( or maybe that was just me)

These situations with so many new people are always interesting, because you hear yourself talk about yourself and your life in all these couched stories that sort of surprise you when you hear yourself talk. I am sort of glad that work is already picking up, so that people are quite so Sociallly-oriented-all-the-darn-time! I'm feeling sheepish about trying to explain where I am actually from.
1 comment:
Yeah, I've gotten a pretty good riff now on "where we're from"--I go: well, kind of all over, its been really interesting. and then people get all intrigued and happily curious. then i'm like: well, i've lived out west quite a bit, and list a few sample states. now they're eating it up. Then: went to school in Chicago and LA...lived overseas off and on. its money. people are interested and gratified that you really answered but no weird intense back and forths about: so your dad is military? why did you do that? what's the DEAL?
oh wow. longest post ever. just liked processing this happy thing in this public forum. and by public i mean linnea, jodi and emily. huzzah...
your posts are so wondrous. like soul-shinings out.
Post a Comment