Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Horses in the Desert


Ah yes, there can be copper-lively horses frolicking in the wide open spaces. a friend took these on a road trip and i STOLE them! yes i did, because in my heart they belong to me. firstly, because i am an adoring delighter in the already existing metal sculpture horses that are outside Sisters, Oregon, and secondly, because i just am. I feel hornery, I feel wise. I am sad and easily teary. I am craving adventure and summer tan and wild waterfall jumping hair. I could softly read books all day and would be interested in tramping trails in the woods too. I am writing my own horoscope today: you shall fall in love with some tiny joy, and stumble upon a new bloom in the garden. Your body will lose its tired soreness and do something playful. The soft cloudy June sky will bring a quiet evening to the day's end. Yahoo and amen.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Writing your own horoscope -- feels like sweetness of writing yourself a story or a gorgeous wall painting of joy...that says Welcome to You and all Your Aliveness. Ahhh. yes trampolines and waterfall softness. Yes, manda let's go and be and have.

Brooke said...

Oh i am reading this again and this time the sensory visceral writing is hitting me. the feeling of copper, horses, wisdom, tramping on dusty trails, wild hair...feels like a big western sky before lightning in the air, and like the way things are before a shift, a change, a readiness..

Anonymous said...

yes, that's it: all beauty belongs to us, you and me; because we behold it; and we hold it in our hearts. Last night in the summery dusky night there were Real horses all 'round the Sisters metal horses. Quite lovely! I often think of Kenny's response when he saw the horse sculptures- he threw back his head and laughed.
here's hoping every bit of your horoscope came true; such beautiful expressions of hope.