Oh puppies it is a'snowin in Ptown. I have seen maybe two patients in the last three hours, which is delightful. My love is on the way to pick me up, navigating crazy abandoned cars and snowy roads, and I am typing away on the noisiest VA computer. All my patient notes are done, and the intern and the attending and I have been munching on microwave popcorn and juice boxes (weeelll, the juice box is just me: )
My reward for working Christmas week was three and half glorious days off in a row! I am so very thankful for long, quiet time in Central Oregon, resting and watching movies and eating amazing food and laughing with my very dearest people. My soul feels all plumped up, like a juicy sponge that drank pomegranate juice.
And before I went to work today, an old friend that I lived with the Oregon State summer dropped by, which means the house is blissfully tidy. Don't you love that about visitors? that at the very least, it builds some impetus to clean the house for a happy reason.
and now, just clack clacking away on the computer, thankful for the boon of a slow shift on a very snowy night. Time to go home, put on my squishy clothes and have egg nog or some scrumptious snack.
3 comments:
the juice box "weeeellll" really got me....filled me with a sudden jolt of delight...arrrr! yes indeedies! popcorn and juice with attendings...oh man. you are tinkerbell mandas you are you are.
hi manda, this is sort of a tangent, but for some reason this snowy post made me think of a snow day on 3E, when you said, i wish we could go out and DO something, and i suggested that we go to study at the Stupe. I think i've never seen you so bitterly disappointed in me:)
i do so cherish these vivid snapshots into your world; details like the noisiest computer, munching popcorn with the intern and attending, tidying before a friend comes to visit and your anticipation of squishy clothes.. bestest of all is the way you described your soul feeling all plumped up like a juicy sponge-
...oh lucky are we who get to be in your world!
Post a Comment