Thursday, April 8, 2010

Life right now...

There are now red tulips in the garden. And purple crocuses. And yet, the rainy grey continues. I can just feel it, feel the Spring about to break forth. I am still in fleeces and lighting candles, but I will be oh-so-ready to cast off coats and wear Gasp-skirts! and shorts and frolick outside. And pump up my tires and ride my beeyootiful Specialized road bike (that is the brand name, but also it is special.) Red and black and white, just like the every so favorite of mine Babysitter's Club persona Claudia. Who wore peacock earrings and whose entire room was decorated in red/black/white. And goodness knows, my sixth grade room and aura were captured by a day bed, decked out, not just in those colors, but in stripes and polka dots, mind you! Oh yes, we don't do things by halves here in Mandaland.
These days, I am drinking dark coffee, with both vanilla soy milk and 2 Splendas and half and half. what a treat. And somehow, even after several years of eating them, I am still loving Innkeeper brand english muffins, smeared with Laughing Cow cheese and jam. Oh breakfast, how I loves you. And Diet Coke at the hospital for afternoon caffeine rescue. I actually used to really mind the Coke v Pepsi difference, but now the sparky brown carbonation is just welcome.
I actually just started a new block, at another hospital, which is such a whoop hollerin' welcome from the University hospital, which is such a butt-kicking most days that 2 hours of charting afterwards is relaxing. But this, oh This, is "get home 30 mins after a shift with NO charting to do!!!" times. This break is much needed. I want to like my patients, not resent them because I am working too much.
My other brainstormy thoughts go to the 5 month countdown on this hobbit home. The little leads on house boats are quiet, and I am pleased to feel peaceful about leaving this amazing house. The tiny nonfunctional dishwasher, the crazy fridge which now makes noise about 18 hours a day, and the yard (while amazing, leaves me no sadness to move BEFORE leaf raking season). There is a good thing in the wind, and I am determined to breathe in great draughts of it.
It is high time for bed, after an entire Rosamund Pilcher novel and Bunny Tracks ice cream (think Moose Tracks only real cheapskate version) and quiet living room times while Joe studies. Ah this is life right now.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Ahh bunny business -- they do have a product -- Bunny Tracks!! oh i am dying with glee....whooo.

okay back to the land of the non-exploding-with-glee. nope can't do it ---- Bunnies Makin' ice cream!!

Linnea said...

oh you said it well and you said it all! "we don't do things by halves in mandaland" you're a true exulter!
you revel in your flowers & upcoming bike rides, you savour your coffee and even diet coke! you're Grateful for regular daytime shifts and relish no charting! you'll enjoy wearing swishy skirts on warm spring days. you're delighted with your hobbit house ( except for the things that aren't delightful!) and pleased to dream of houseboat living. you're enthralled (over and over) by Rosamunde's books, as well as yummy bunny tracks ice cream.

i'm inspired by the way you see beauty in the simple things and treasure small treats. and I'm encouraged to exult with you