It is time for the slumber world, the cozy clothes and bundled against the winter wind time. Time to light many candles and snuggle up with good books. Time for more reflection and more restful sleep. We went skiing on the snowy white mountain yesterday, and it was glorious and Zip zippy and wind in my face goodness. The bluster and bright white was contrast against times in our cozy apartment, which after three whole months really does feel like home. No more hesitating on the freeway exit, or unfamiliarity in the parking lot of our complex. Our neighbors are kooky-krazy for holiday decorations, and I swear they have dozens of windsocks that hang in the window in every holiday season of tackiness. Ah well, at least now their fake evergreen tree outside their door makes winter season sense.

I am hungry for dozens more library books, for heaps more candles. The really rich Illume ones, in sangria red and deep bold greens. I think Christmas is the smell of jumiper and the color of those really red holly berries. The above picture is from an amazing glowing restaurant of glamorous sister times for my birthday, and I adore those light fixture. And the below picture is from my work Christmas party, where we all wore sparkly clothes and drank champagne and even danced a tiny bit!
2 comments:
i always associate you with soft lights at this time of year...remembering the story of your new year engagement near twinkling lights. i have been curling up next to candlelight with the last harry potter book in the evenings - wish i was sitting with you and smelling those evergreen smells!
Jodi wishes that she was sitting with you and reading Harry Potter, and I wish that I was dancing with you at that fancy-dessert party! Here's hoping we can make those wishes come true in March...
Post a Comment