It is strange, after all this time, to be "home" in Oregon, and feel confused by it all. Home seems a real anomaly these days, partly because Brooke's beeyootiful, and I emphasize beautiful, new apartment in Beaverton, a western suburb of Portland, is new to HER too, since we are both newly moved in and started new jobs on Monday. But also, home seems like a new concept in that I feel most at home with Joe, our sense of togetherness bonding us so strongly that being away from him is difficulter than I anticipated.
All that said, it is AMAHZING to be here. Green trees seem incredible after the heat down south. And a sweet nurturing roommate and sisterfriend is so precious I can hardly believe it. We wind down at night giggling on her queen bed, or reading our favorite young adult books. What a brilliant gift it is to be with Brooke, and celebrate such a precious friendship.
Joe comes up this weekend for Labor Day, and I blessedly have NO shifts for 3 days, so we will play around Portland and Hood River. It has only been a week and a half, but I am so so silly-excited-delighted to see him, hug him. You know how it is...
No comments:
Post a Comment