oh i feel better just seeing these kids, like some breeze blows through my addled brain. lately I only seem to have the outliers: my mind is either chock full of crazy adrenaline thoughts (take out the abdominal staples on my patient before he goes home; bite my tongue from snapping back at my senior resident, who is so lamely bossy, fuddle around putting on clothes in the dark at 500am) OR....my mind is utterly blank and quiet. I am so thankful for these moments of quiet river, turning slow corners inside, letting me breathe slow.
working out has been a real gift lately, after huuuge amounts of time away from the gym. playing intense raquetball with Joe twice a week, swimming in the beeyootiful pool at night, or cranking out on the elliptical to hip-hop music. I figure this working-out energy goes in cycles, so I will take it when it comes. Plus, heading to Maui THiS SATURDAY makes it ever funner to be active, thinking that we'll be snorkeling in the ocean with turtles and walking on the squishy sand.
2 more days of Surgery!
4 comments:
i do believe this crazy little kid may still have a good idea going...she's like: life is for licking and ain't nobody gonna stop it.
you cannot stop it, you cannot stop it...ha Kevin James is marveloso.
your posts are so squishy-sweet great.
so glad you are feeling the sweet winds of Maui begin to blow through life's every day interesante hardness...it is such a deep Good to remember the Good. ahhh.
Wow!! I may have to disagree with Brooke on "life being for licking" as a good idea. I think I would prefer "scratch and sniff" perhaps...actually that might be bad too...
yeah joe has a point here with the 'licking' life possibly having some problems...i realize now that when i pictured "licking for life" it was a set in wiilly wonka's likable wallpaper room and really only there....
but scratch and sniff...this could be good if done well. such as with fudge, candles, and not dogs or pigs...
Post a Comment