Saturday, November 29, 2008

We've been having Adventures!

This is Dog Mountain, quite an adventure. A very vertical climb that we actually completed with our backpacks on, thinking it would be long enough to camp overnight. But oh no, we did the Whole Darn Loop. And I only managed to wiggle out of my heavy pack for the last half mile to the summit. Ooweee my legs got a work out for this beautiful view of the Columbia River Gorge.

This sign says it all.

Sometimes I feel like I knew Joe when we were tiny kids. Some moments, there is this gleam of memory, when he smiles so broadly with joy, and my heart shouts inside "I KNOW you!" that I feel perhaps we must have met, maybe in passing at the Oregon Zoo as kids, or maybe on school buses at a field trip.


Windy happyness. Oh it reminds me that it is good to be outside, and that we feel so much better when we have adventures!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

oh...mmmm. i can just hum at this. tunefully i hum to this deep blessing of two grins flashing at each other across the zoo way...and then now hiking up ye ol Dog mountain in deep wonder-full life..