What a signpost. Life feels pretty intensely this way right now. The following is a "found poem" from my own writing, a dear man named Graham Cooke, and a book about the Australian Outback called Alice to Ocean.
God is going to continue to be relentlessly good, and
what you’re asking God for is the thing He says you can have:
In our childlike acceptance of God’s love, we lose our drivenness.
We look to Him and our faces are radiant,
we recover a way of Being, speaking, doing
that arises out of a much belovedness.
In the beginning i had known at some level that this could happen. it had frightened me then.
I fought it tooth and nail. i had given myself the structure of goals and achievement to fortify myself; they felt necessary at the time. because if you are fragmented and uncertain it is scary to find the boundaries of yourself fall away, but
the Spirit wants to marry the Word with our real life experiences
so that we become the truth and we hear God speaking in every situation.
There is an unpronounceable joy and an aching sadness:
Peace that I want to stay, if I can hang onto it.
2 comments:
oh, this is so rich and quieting. i feel tamped down inside and soft and expectant, like waking up on several days into a backpacking trip, with head out the tent, looking at a big vista and God's hands moving in my heart.
I haven't written or even thought about found poems since my summer in New Mexico where we would use the writing on milk cartons and travel guides. Maybe, with this bit of inspiration, I will give it a try again.
Post a Comment